Spots are limited so please be sure to cancel at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot attend. Remember to bring exchange when paying or making deposits for events. Deposits will only be returned if a student attends and event.
*Please scroll down to sign-up for a specific event and remember to meet at least 5 minutes before departure.
**Have the following with you at all times as many event locations REQUIRE:
-Super Green Pass, CDC or equivalent certificate
- Sun, Jan 23CourtyardOn your photo scavenger hunt, each player on your team will receive interactive challenges. You'll work together to solve riddles, answer trivia and complete photo challenges for a chance to win a “timetravel” audio visual experience that immerses you in the the different ages of Rome and monuments.
- Sun, Jan 23Student LoungeTo mark the opening of the academic year, Catholic universities celebrate the Mass of the Holy Spirit. This longstanding tradition dates back to 16th century Europe and allows the entire community to come together and celebrate Emmanuel's mission. Meet in the student lounge to walk to the Chapel.
- Tue, Jan 25Student LoungeEnjoy some free gelato and a passegiatta (walk) to the beautiful Piazza Navona. We’ll also visit the Pantheon where we can offer a brief description of the Pantheon, which is now known as the Basilica of Saint Mary and the Martyrs.
- Thu, Jan 27Room 214Join us for a night of light snacks and a feature showing of movies about the theme of migration. These movies come from a variety of different countries and allow you to understand how migration affects the world in different ways.
- Sat, Jan 29Student LoungeFrom Piazza Trilussa to Viale Trastevere, we will cross the heart of one of Rome's best known “Rioni”. During this walk through the streets of Trastevere, Glocalize Team will show you the most interesting places to visit and will make you taste the most famous street food in Rome, the suppli.
- Tue, Feb 01Student LoungeThe most exclusive tour in Rome. Go underground and discover how the Vatican Hill went from a pagan Necropolis outside of downtown ancient Rome to become the Headquarters of the Catholic Church. Remember dress appropriately (cover knees/shoulders). REQUIREMENT FFP2
- Wed, Feb 02Room 214Join us for a night of light snacks and a feature showing of movies about the theme of migration. These movies come from a variety of different countries and allow you to understand how migration affects the world in different ways.
- Thu, Feb 03Student LoungeDo you know how to make your own personal pizza the Roman way? Let’s spend an afternoon with professional pizza chefs who will teach you how to make your own authentic pizza with fresh, local ingredients. Learn techniques and secrets from real masters of dough in a unique cooking studio, ending with
- Fri, Feb 04Student LoungeIn this day trip we will have a guided tour of the Monastery of San Benedetto a striking complex of buildings that incorporates two churches with a number of chapels and caves. One is the holy cave of St Benedict, where he retreated in prayer in the 6th century. Following we will have Lunch.
- Sat, Feb 05Student LoungeOur tour will focus on the Aventine Hill, which is located at the south end of the city center. Home of two of Rome’s most beautiful gardens, the Orange Garden and the Rose Garden, the Aventine features some of the best views of Rome, including the keyhole sight of Saint Peter's.
- Tue, Feb 08Student LoungeYou’ll be able to taste some of the most famous Roman pastas and learn more about the Italian (and more specifically Roman) cuisine. We will taste four classic Roman dishes: Cacio e Pepe, Gricia, Amatriciana and Carbonara.